Join us for a guided tour of the core ideas that make SketchUp unique. These concepts are essential for every aspiring SketchUp modeler.
Jump right into creating your first model in SketchUp. We'll introduce several of the tools and techniques that you will use often in SketchUp.
- Getting Started: 1 Quick Start1:23
- Getting Started 2: Navigation6:46
- Getting Started 3: PIllars2:52
- Getting Started 4: Components1:58
- Getting Started 5: Platform2:53
- Getting Started 6: Circles3:02
- Getting Started 7: Array2:46
- Getting Started 8: Steps2:58
- Getting Started 9: Slide1:13
- Getting Started 10: Color1:15
- Course 1 Review
Understanding how edges and surfaces behave and the underlying concepts of SketchUp.
Understanding accuracy in SketchUp and the Tape Measure tool.
Reviewing the drawing tools: circles/polygons, arcs, rectangles, freehand, offset and eraser.
Overview of components, component browser and introduction to nesting
09Tags (or Layers)
Overview of Layers and how they differ from other programs
Move tool, including manipulating geometry, autofold and copy/array.
Using Follow Me including lathed objects